Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Setting Block

I thought I would post the directions for the setting block for this quilt. You will need 13 of these. The directions are for one. If you vary the colors in the block, you will get a scrappier look.

From the Background Fabric - Cut 4 - 4 1/2" Squares and 8 - 2 1/2" Squares.

From Fabric A - Cut 1 - 4 1/2" Square

From 8 different Medium-Dark Fabrics - Cut 1 - 2 1/2" Square

Make a 4 - 4 Patch units using 2 Background Fabrics and 2 of the Medium-Dark Fabrics. The Background fabrics should be opposite each other.

Piece the Block as a 9 Patch. Place the 4 Patch untis in the corners and Fabric A in the center. I tried to put a different fabric in each of my blocks in the center.


This is what the setting block looks like. I used several light fabrics for my Background Fabrics.







You will also need to make Corner Stones to finish the quilt. You will use 2 - 2 1/2" squares from your Background Fabric and 2 - 2 1/2" squares from you Medium-Dark Fabrics. You need 36 of these. In the phote on the right, these are incorrect. The photo shows these as all Medium-Dark Fabrics. I think it will look better if these are done this way instead.

Sashing pieces are cut from your Background Fabric. They are 4 1/2" x 12 1/2" rectangles. You will need 60 sashing strips.

No comments: