Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goals for 2009

I like to set goals in January for the New Year. This year one of my goals is to finish all the Saturday Sampler quilts I have started over the years. I started going to The Quilt Sampler in Springfield, MO about 9 or 10 years ago. Within a couple of years I started attending their First Saturday Sampler meetings. I idea is to buy the first block of the year for $5, make the block and return the next month with the block made to receive a free block. I have attended The Quilt Sampler's First Saturday Sampler several years. Some years they offered 2 quilt options...same block, different fabric. Some of those years I would do both quilts. I have not finished very many of those quilts. The only time I finished was when the quilt was a gift for someone, usually my Mom and Dad. So, now I have all these quilts started and at various stages. Some are still just the blocks. Some are finished tops. Some are almost finished tops, may just need the borders added. I have also done a couple of other Saturday Samplers from other Quilt Shops. The Quilt Sampler is still my favorite, probably because they were my "first".
My other goal for this year is to finish as many kits, Block of the Months, and other quilts I have bought fabric for as I can. I know there are too many to finish all of them. I have enough of these that I don't need to buy any fabric for a long time. Some of these can be labeled UFO's but some are not even started yet.
I will post a list of the Saturday Sampler Quilts that I need to finish, as well as the UFO's I have. As I finish these projects, I will post pictures.
Right now I need to go quilt on my Sister-In-Law's quilt I made her for Christmas. It is a king size Log Cabin Star quilt in greens and browns.

No comments: