Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2010

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted to my Blog! I can't believe it is already 2010! Where did the year go? I guess the older I get, the faster the years go.
I keep track of the quilts I complete each year and a list of my UFO's. My UFO's are out of control! But, anyway, that is the story of a quilter with a full time job. My list of finished quilts reached 17 in the year 2009! I am pleased with that number. Unfortunately, most of those were projects I started during the year. There were about 5 or 6 that had been started before 2009. I guess that is not so bad. My list of quilts that are ready to quilt is at 27. I have about 5 that need borders and then they are ready to quilt. I still have a lot of Blocks in Progress.
So, to start the New Year, I have set my goal this year to 24 quilts during 2010. That is a lot, but I have to set my goal high to knock down on these UFO's. I would like at least half of those to be UFO's and not new projects.
I have been going to a Quilt shop in Springfield for several year for their First Saturday Sampler Quilt. I think I started in 2002. The only ones I have finished are the ones I did 2 of and gave one for Christmas, which isn't very many. I would like to get all of those quilted. I had wanted to get them done last year, but didn't do it. Starting in 2002 and still doing it, I have 10 quilts to quilt. In 2008, I did 2 quilts. The borders are still not on those, but the others, including 2009's, are ready to quilt. I got out all my quilts I had packed downstairs in my quilting room and took pictures of them. Maybe with a visual I will get them done. Some are small quilts and wouldn't take very long to do. I did put an old one on my quilting machine Thursday. It is one from JoAnn's. It was a Christmas Quilt Block of the Month. It was probably 12-13 years ago. Does anyone remember that one? I will try to post pictures soon.
Well, Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: