Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


Block #6 is the Ohio Star Block.  I like this block.  It is easy, especially when you use the Quarter Square Triangle Ruler to cut your pieces.  You will need 3 fabrics:  Background, Fabric A (I used blue) and Fabric C (I used brown).

You will need to cut the following:
Background Fabric:  Cut 4-4 1/2" Squares
                                Cut 2-2 1/2" Strips, then cut 8 QST (Quarter Square Triangles)
Fabric A:  Cut 1-4 1/2" Square
Fabric C:  Cut 2-2 1/2" Strips, then cut 8 QST

Sew 2 Background QSTs and 2 Fabric C QSTs together to make this unit.

Press the seams as shown below.  Open up the center and press all seams in one direction.


Lay out the units as shown below.  Sew units into rows.  Sew rows into a block.  I don't know why I did not take a picture of the completed block, but I could not find one.  But, you get the idea.


No comments: