Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Saturday, April 26, 2014

April

April is here and almost over.  It has been a busy month.  Our church presented an Easter Pageant and I have spent several Wednesday evenings during their practices in the nursery, so those who can sing could sing while I took care of their babies.  Then, the two weekends the pageant was presented, I helped in the nursery.  I am thankful for the time the choir practices to do these pageants and the message of Jesus that is presented.  It takes time though.  Takes away my free time, but that is okay.  Just less sewing and quilting time. 
Now that the pageant is over, Track is in full swing.  We were scheduled for meets on Thursday and Friday of this past week and we have one on Monday.  Thursday's meet was cancelled because of thunderstorms after we got there.  Friday was great weather for a meet.  We had a good meet.  The kids did very well. 
Today, I actually got to sit down and sew.  I worked on the quilt guild's Mystery Quilt blocks.  I finished several today, but still have several to do.  Here are some pictures of the blocks.

The first month was Four-Patch Blocks.  We had to make 32 of these.  I have these completed.

 
 
The second month was Double Four-Patch Blocks.  We had to make 38 of these.  I have these completed.

 
 
 
The third month was Triple Four-Patch Blocks.  We had to make 44 of these.  I don't have all of these completed yet, but I am closer today than I was yesterday.

 
 
 
The fourth month (this month) is Double Nine-Patch Blocks.  We have to make 24 of these.  I have one completed, but have several started.  I have about 20 of the Nine-Patch center finished. 
 

 
 
We have one more set of blocks to do next month and then we get the reveal.  Since I am presenting the Mystery Quilt, I have to finish early with my blocks so I can get the quilt put together before the big reveal.  I have cut the blocks for Part 5 already and have started them.  I cannot show those yet...next month I can show those.  I hope to have those together before our next Guild meeting, which is the second Monday of May.  This quilt is a scrappy quilt...anything goes.  It will finish at 83 1/2" x 101 1/2".  The blocks are 6" finished.  As you can see, there are a lot of blocks.  We are working to use our stash and I thought this quilt would be a good one to use up fabric.  My plan is to use only my stash to make this quilt.  Not going to purchase any fabric for this quilt.  So far, so good.  I hope I have border fabric and don't have to purchase.
 
Well, I'm off to sew some more blocks or go downstairs and quilt.  I have a customer quilt on the machine at I really want to have finished.  So, I'd better get to it.
 
Happy Quilting!

No comments: