Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Sunday, June 22, 2014

It's Summer

Yesterday marked to official first day of summer.  We have been out of school for almost a month.  Summer vacation seems to go by really fast.  Why is that?  I don't feel like I have done a whole lot.  Summer plans never seem to get accomplished.  But, what plans did I have for this summer?  Quilt as many quilts as I can.  Prepare for the Moldova Mission trip.  Go to summer PBiS training.  Well, I guess I have done one and are still working on the other two.
I have been quilting a lot this last week.  Monday I finished a quilt for Lori.  I think I have quilted a total of 12 of her quilts over the past year.  I still have 2 of hers to do and she is working on another one.  After I finished Lori's quilt, I quilted a baby panel that is my next UFO on my small quilt list.  I had 3 sets of flannels that I was going to quilt to make baby quilts.  I bought one yard for the front of the quilt and about 1 1/2 yards for the back of the quilt and binding.  I quilted all three of those.  Then I quilted a Chevron quilt that I made to put on etsy to sell.  I finished quilting it Friday.  So, I got several of my quilts done last week.  Now I have to bind them.  Binding is sewn on 3 of them.
Next week I have to focus on other people's quilts.  I have several small projects for Carolyn to finish for her.  There are 2 wall-hangings, 2 table runners/toppers, a pillow case (finished last night), and a quilt.  I have 2 quilts for Geriann to quilt.  And, a lady brought in 2 quilts for me to do that she needs for Christmas.  Plus the Lori's 2 quilts.  That makes 11 quilts for others to do.  I also have a Quilts of Valor quilt to do and a quilt for the ladies at church to quilt.  Now I am up to 13.  Wonder how many I can get done this next week.  I guess I should set a goal, but I won't.  It would be nice to get half of them done, even better to get them all done. 
Well, it's almost time to go to church.
Happy Quilting!
Terrie

No comments: