Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New Quilt

Saturday I decided to start a new quilt.  It is called Urban Pods.  The pattern uses the Quilt Curve Ruler.  I also decide to use the fabrics I bought in Moldova the past two years on this project.  I would like to offer a class using this ruler at the shop.  We have ordered rulers, but they have not come in yet.  Should be here this week.  We have several patterns at the shop already, but the rulers were back ordered.

Here are some strips I cut from the fabrics I bought in Moldova.  The lightest blue on the far left I bought 2 years ago.  The white, pink, and blue with yellow I bought last year.

 
Here is the pattern I am doing.  It is called Urban Pods.  It uses the Quick Curve Ruler.  I did not take a picture of it, but you can find it at this blog:  www.sewkindofwonderful.blogspot.com

 
Here are my pieces all cut out, ready to be sewn together, by my sewing machine.  I think I cut enough for 2 quilts.  Which was the plan.  The fabric from Moldova is twice as wide as what we get here in the United States.

 
It is an easy, gentle curve to sew.  Not too bad.

 
This is my pile that is sewn together ready to be pressed.
 
 
Sewing a few more pieces.  One side has already been sewn on this block, now doing the other side.

 
See, easy curve sewing.

 
The end of one curve sewn.

 
Here is my pile that is ready to be pressed.

 
These are the first four I did as a practice run.  It seems easy enough.

 
Press toward the center piece.

 
Front side pressed.  It looks a little wonky, but that's okay.  They will all be trimmed later.

 
Here's my pile of pressed blocks.  I will trim them later.  If I trim now, I will want to put them together, so I need to wait.


 
As I pressed, I had some company.  Here are my faithful companions this summer. 
Lady is on the bed, napping (of course!).

 
Licorice is on the floor, also napping!  They are always close by, no matter where I am in the house.

 
 
As I work through this quilt, I will post more pictures.  I will try to post some pictures of the ruler.  You use it to trim the blocks, too.
 
 
Happy Quilting!
Terrie
 

No comments: