Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 Completed Quilts

So far this year, I have completed or quilted 34 Quilt projects this year. I have listed them at the side. I have one more to finish the bindign on. It was for my nephew and his wife for Christmas. I was so close to getting it done. If I had had 2 more days before Christmas to work on it, I would have had it done. But, I will get it done soon.
Today, I spent the day working on the Underground Railroad blocks I started with the local quilt guild at the beginning of the year. I started making the 6" blocks, but everyone else was making the 12" blocks. I then decided to make the 12" also. I think I have 12 of the 6" blocks finished and 8 of the 12" blocks finished.
I planned on putting a quilt on the machine to quilt today. I started putting it on, but didn't get if all the way on. I picked one to do a panto on so it would go quickly and I could get another one done.
I spent so much time working on Baby Quilts this year that I did not get many full sized quilts done. One of the Guilds I belong to had a challenge to make 10,000 inches (meauring the perimeter of the quilt). We were in groups of 4. The group I was in won the challenge. We turned in over 5,000 inches. The Guild made over 250 quilts and past the 10,000 inches a few times. They all go for a good cause.
Tomorrow is another day to quilt. Maybe I will get that quilt done that I started putting on the machine. We'll see...
Happy Quilting!

No comments: