Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beautiful Day!

Today was a beautiful day! The weather was wonderful! I hope it stays this way, but I'm afraid it won't. Went to Bible Study after school and then came home. Kayla had to make me supper. They made Spring Rolls in school today. She had some stuff left over and made me one. They were really good! I had to make me another one. She is excited that she is learning to cook more than toast, Hot Pockets, and Easy-Mac.
I tried to quilt last night, but my machine sounds aweful! It was making a terriable grinding sound. I called Gammill this afternoon and the tech said it sounded like the belt was slipping. I took my machine apart to get to the belt tonight. When I took the casing off, I turned the wheel and it turned just fine. I put the case back on and if I tightened it, it make the grinding sound again. So, I made adjustments and got it fixed. I was so excited! I fixed it! So, I got to quilt for about an hour.
Tomorrow is Friday and we have a long weekend. We are out tomorrow and Monday. The teachers have a work day on Tuesday, but the kids don't go back until Wednesday. Five days without kids. I have a lot of quilting to do this weekend. I have a big list of UFO's to work on and they want me to do a quilt for church. I bought fabric for it yesterday. I want to cut it tomorrow so it will be ready to sew when ever I get a chance.
It's time for bed. I'm tired, but get to sleep in tomorrow. I'm excited about that.

No comments: