Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quilting Retreat

Last weekend I met my best friend, Marcia, for a quilting retreat. It was on a product called Quilt Smart. There were about 30 people there and we all worked on our own project using Quilt Smart. Marcia worked on a Lone Star and I worked on a
Mariner's Compass. It was great fun! It was wonderful spending time with Marcia. We don't get to see each other as often as we would like. We lived in the same small town southeast of Kansas City for years and became best friends. Since I moved to the other side of the state, and we both married, it is hard for us to get together. So, this was a great weekend for us to get together and "catch up".





These are some pictures of the Mariner's Compass that I worked on. The wedges are not sewn together, but were done and put on a design wall. One picture is of Mattie (from Quilt Smart) and me beside the Mariner's Compass.


Since the retreat, I finished the Mariner's Compass and I have sewn it to the background piece. Here it is on the background. I need to add borders to square it up.
What better way to spend a weekend? Quilting with your best friend! Thanks again, Marcia, for going to the retreat.

No comments: