Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend is over

The weekend is over. It is time to go to bed. Tomorrow will start a new week. It will be a long week at school. We were out of school Tuesday-Friday of last week. We still have snow on, but will go back to school in the morning. I guess we have to go back sometime. I have enjoyed my days off. I got to do a lot of sewing and quilting. I have one month until Track starts. Then my time at home will be really short...even less quilting.
Went to the Southwest Longarm Quilt Guild meeting on Saturday. That was a good time of learning some new stuff. We have a meeting in the morning, eat lunch, and then get on the machines in the afternoon. A few of the ladies showed me some new quilting ideas that I am anxious to try. I was tempted to try one today, but I will not quilt on Sundays. I did pin a top on my machine this morning. I woke up at 4:45 and couldn't go back to sleep. I finally got up at 6:00, ate breakfast, looked over my Sunday School lesson, did some stuff on the computer, got ready for church, and still had time to pin that quilt on.
I have 3 quilts to trim before putting binding on. One is king-size. I am going to take it to school one day this week and use the tables in the library to trim it. I don't want to fight with it here.
Well, it's off to start a new week. Hope everyone has a good week! Even though the Cardinals lost! :(

No comments: