Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Don't Fence Me In Quilt


This quilt pattern is called "Don't Fence Me In". I love the fabrics. I pieced this quilt about 3-4 years ago (before Chris and I got married). I finally got it quilted.
This picture is of it while I was quilting it.


This is a close-up of the borders. I quilted feathers in the outside border and leaves in the inside border. They were done free-hand. I think they turned out pretty good.

Here is a close-up of the blocks and how I quilted them. I did a continuous quilt design in the blocks. There are flowers in the center of the block and I did swirls in the corners.
Here is a close-up of the back of the quilt. I used blue thread so the quilting would really show. Let me know what you think. They are not perfect, but I enjoyed doing this design.

2 comments:

quiltymom said...

What beautiful quilting. You are such an artist!!!!!

GranthamLynn said...

What a beautiful quilt. You did a great job. Doesn't it feel great to have it done! I just found you at just us quilters. I am a quilter that loves blogging. I don't photo much of my sewing but hope to soon.
Thanks for sharing your quilts.
Smiles,
Sherry