Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's a New Year!

It's a New Year!  And always a new chance to make plans.  What are your plans for the New Year?  What are you going to do different this year than you did last year?  I don't want to ask what "resolutions" you made, because we all know that "resolutions" are just things we do for about two weeks and then we go back to our old habits. 
My son started a new blog this year.  He is trying to post something every week.  He is getting into photography (and does a great job) and he is planning on posting some of his work every week.  That made me think...maybe I should do the same thing.  I am always doing a lot of quilting and piecing on quilt tops and making "stuff".  So, I thought I should document what I am doing every week.  As I finish quilting a quilt, I need to post a picture...another way to document my quilts.  My nephew's wife has a blog where she posts pictures of their daughter.  My parents get to keep up with what is going on in their lives...they (my nephew and his family) live in Florida.  Great way to document what is going on in our lives.  Will someone read this or see this?  I don't know.  But, I am still documenting what I am doing with my quilting.
So, I will give it a try and see where it takes me and how long I will keep this up.  One problem I have had with documenting my quilting is not having a camera on hand.  That thing always seems to disappear!  Now, I have a new iPhone and can take pictures with it.  (Although, it has been disappearing, too!  Today I found it in my chair...in the very, very back!  Along with a thimble I thought I lost in an airport coming back from Moldova last year!)
Ok, so here are some pictures!

This is my friend, Linda's quilt.  This is the first quilt she ever made!  She did a great job on it!  I love her colors and fabrics!  I started quilting this last night and finished it this afternoon.  It didn't take me very long to quilt it.  I did a pantograph (all-over design) called Rosey Posey.  It is a design I like to do...easy.  So, here it is as I was quilting it today.

 
Here is one block before I quilted this area.
 
 
This is from the back of the machine (where I quilt from) after I got about half of it done.  The pantograph is about 6 1/2" wide, so it didn't cover the whole block.

 
Here is the same block after I finished quilting to top.  Can you see the pantograph?  It has lots of flowers in it.

 
And the finished quilt as I was taking it off the machine.  Yeah!  It's quilted! 
Now, I have to do the binding on it.
 
 
I'm not sure which quilt to do next.  Another one will go on tomorrow.  We will be out of school again.  Looks like we may not get to go all week!  Helps with my quilting!
Happy Quilting!
 
Terrie



No comments: