Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The UFO Tub

I have my quilt tops stored in tubs in my basement.  Part of my basement is finished and that is where they are.  My quilting machine is down there, too.  So, they are close and "on hand" when I am ready to quilt them. 
The quilt guild I belong to is doing a UFO Challenge again this year.  This year we have 6 quilts on our list.  I turned in 2 lists.  That doesn't even begin to touch the many, many tops I have to quilt.  I have 5 tubs of tops.  I went through every tub last week.  I pulled out every quilt I have listed on my UFO Challenge lists and put them all in one tub.  I also have quilts to quilt for other people.  I put some of them in that tub, also. 
Here is my UFO Lists for this year and the other quilts I put in the UFO Tub last week, which I want to get quilted this year.  Some I have already quilted...YEAH!

List #1-Small Quilts
1.  Embroidered Double Wedding Ring-Quilted 1/2/14
2.  I Spy
3.  Baby Panel
4.  Baby Flannels (3 sets)
5.  Alerica's Leftovers-due Feb-Quilted 1/2/14
6.  10 Minute Block #1

List #2-Large Quilts
1.  1st Saturday Sampler 2010
2.  30's Trip Around The World
3.  Scrap Basket Surprise
4.  JoAnn's BOM
5.  Scrappy Trip Around The World-Due Feb.
6.  Scrappy Twist & Turn

Other's Quilts
1.  Linda's Quilt-Quilted yesterday-1/7/14
2.  Quilt for Ladies at Church #1-Green
3.  Quilt for Ladies at Church #2-Blue

Other Quilts not on UFO Lists
1.  Mom's Mirage
2.  Joey's Moonglow
3.  Pastel Baskets (was on last year's UFO Challenge List)
4.  Chris' Story Book Farm
5.  Jelly Roll Log Cabin

My rule for this year is that if I finish a quilt top, it has to go in this tub.  I am going to be working from this tub this year.  I think it will help me focus on what needs to be done.  I think I get overwhelmed with the number of quilt tops I have and don't know what to do next.  I also have other quilt tops to do for other people that I did not put in the tub. 

Here is that list:
1.  Joyce's quilt
2.  Lori's 9-Patch Quilt
3.  Lori's Baby Quilt
4.  Lori's Sweet William Quilt
5.  Quilts of Valor Quilt
6.  Denim Quilt
7.  Hexagon Quilt

Plans for today:
Get one of Lori's quilts on the machine and get it quilted.  Probably the Sweet William Quilt.  The pantograph I want to do on it is on the machine, so I won't have to change it.

But, first, I have to exercise!

Have a great day!

No comments: