Civil War Tribute Quilt

Civil War Tribute Quilt
Another UFO

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Thoughts

Had a good day at the quilt shop yesterday.  We started our Elm Creek Quilts class.  Everyone wanted to do The Loyal Union Sampler Quilt.  We did two blocks!  They now have homework, so maybe we can get a row done this month, or close to being done.  Here is a picture of the first block we did.

 
The second block had Y seams!  Those are not fun and everyone decided it was a good practice block and would probably do another one.  I did not take a picture of our second one.  Next month I will post more.
 
I came home after the class and worked on a sample for February's Pre-Cut class.  I have it ready for the borders to go on.  January's Pre-Cut class will be the Half Hexagon quilt using a Layer Cake and yardage for the border and binding.  That class will be next Saturday, January 17th.  I think we have some new people coming to do the Pre-Cuts class and to start the new 3rd Saturday Sampler quilt.  That will start next weekend, too.
 
Today is a quiet day.  I need to get my Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt out and count pieces.  I don't know how many of each clue I have made.  I have been sewing them as Leaders & Enders, so I have not kept up with the numbers.  Time to count and see how close I am to having enough for the quilt.  I know I need more.  I have not done any of the last section before the reveal.  I will have to cut fabric for that.
 
I wanted to get another quilt on my machine and start quilting it last week.  I got a quilt out, one that is on my UFO Challenge list of Large quilts.  It is 97" x 97".  Pinned it to the leader, but did not have batting big enough for it.  I thought we had a king size batting at the shop, but we didn't.  I cut backing fabric and pressed it.  I finally found a package of batting downstairs that is big enough for it.  I took it out of the package.  It is SO wrinkled!  I laid it out and sprayed it with water to help get the wrinkles out.  I sprayed it again today.  Hopefully tomorrow it will be ready to go on.  I am going to do an easy pantograph on it called Chantilly Lace.  It should quilt pretty quickly.  Will have to wait until after school tomorrow to start quilting it.
 
Tomorrow we go back to school.  We have been out for 3 weeks.  Two weeks for Christmas break and then last week for snow.  We are starting a new Semester, so I will have different students in every class, except one.  I am ready to get back to it, I think.  I will miss having so much time to quilt.  My days have been filled with quilting and thinking about quilting.  Now, I have to think about teaching and coaching is not too far away...about 2 months.
 
We also have a Quilt Guild meeting tomorrow night.  The Current River Scrappers Quilt Guild meets the second Monday of each month.  It will be good to get out and see everyone.  I hope we have lots of Show & Tell.  I love to see what everyone has been working on.
 
Well, I need to get off of here and work on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt.  We are going to be starting a Mystery Quilt with the Guild tomorrow, too.  It is a really neat quilt.  I am anxious to show everyone Part One!  I may post it here, too, so you can join us if you want to.
 
Happy Quilting!
 


No comments: